4/15/2013

Old friends

Over the past few years, I have been much too involved with lot of urgent matters, and mostly let most of my friends drift away.

Needless to say, I am not very proud of it.

And today, after a long time, I managed to talk to an old friend, out of the blue.

No reason. Just like that.

We caught up with everything we missed over the years, the twists and turns we went through, and how we landed up where we are right now.

There's something invigorating about old friends: They know us like the back of their hands. They have seen us at our worst, they've fought with us, shared wonderful times, and they are usually the first ones to caution us when we are about to take a big step in life.

It's hard find someone who cares. And in this world, it pays not to let someone who does drift away.

I'm going to call up some people I haven't in a long time. I know those are the ones who'll be sitting in the last row at my funeral. If they outlive me, that is.

Thank you, Chutki. This one is for you.

No comments: